Making Dante's Dream come true.

14 Jul 2013

Yes, I'm alive.

I can't even remember what my last post was about... But I swear I've been extremely busy, for real! You know, with uni and everything and then managing how to get back home from the UK with all the sh... stuff I've been accumulating. Also I've been doing some legit tourism, went to France and invited friends from Sheffield to my place and had a wonderful time overall. Now I'm working at an office full time so I don't even have that much time. Alas! But lets go into the sewing again since this blog it's not dedicated to my personal life...

Ever since I read that Lizzie spent some time in Sheffield I wanted to take some pictures there with the "Lizzie dress". I chose the Botanical gardens for the pictures. There are few of them, I still have some more to upload but they are in my laptop and I need to get a new charger first (you know, all of these period things made me so bad with technology..)

I'm wearing my American Duchess button boots there! Love them!

I also visited Chatsworth House (Pemberley for the Austenites), which is an astounding place in the heart of Derbyshire. I got to wear my new Regency pelisse there and it was another great day (with actual good English weather, so lucky)! These pics are not even uploaded, coming soon!

The dress is old, I only added the pelisse but I really like it.

For now I need to settle down here and put my stuff together but after that I hope I can start sewing again. We have several projects and events to organize for the next months so I'd better start working. Have a good summer!




2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, I have been so busy I barely have time to sew or post. I am jealous, I want to go to Pemberley, and all those other places! One day! And I intend to have some lovely Regency and Victorian things to wear there too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many things to do in "real life"... ugh. Oh, you have to make yourself a pretty outfit and go to Chatsworth or any other country house and you'll have a great time. It doesn't even matter if people are staring at you cause it feels so great being dressed like that! xx hope you find the time to do all of those things.

      Delete