Making Dante's Dream come true.

5 Jun 2012

Change your fate!

I said I wouldn't be updating this so much as I'm on my finals... but meh, procrastinator is my second name... Well then, as last Sunday's weather was a wee bit rainy and colder I decided to go and shoot the Merida pics because the outfit consists of two dresses (an underdress and the proper dress) so I thought I'd die because of the hot here that had already started during mid-May... let alone if I left the shoot for late June. So here we go!


I know I'm not holding the bow correctly, but this is just to let you see it! I think the bow type is a long recurve bow, but I'm not sure as I'm just a beginner in this topic :) This particular bow was chosen because it's traditionally made and the colours were similar to the ones in the film! As for the quiver, there's a post on it so I'm not repeating the same info ;)



As we (my boyfriend and me) were wandering through the forest we discovered some weird towers. Why were they weird? They had some kind of staircase that went below the ground, and it was super dark inside. He ventured into that sort of vault but he couldn't see anything! I'm intrigued about this towers but although I googled about it I couldn't find anything about them :(

As per usual there are more pics on DeviantArt and Flickr, and now I'm afraid it is true I'm not updating this until at least June 18 (the day I finish this uni term exams). However, I've ordered together with one of my seamstress friends more than 50 metres of fabrics to start lots of interesting projects this summer! Hope to "see" you soon!

4 comments:

  1. Oooh! Fantastic pictures! I adore Pre-Raphaelite art, too! I'll definitely be following your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot! I don't post a lot but hope you enjoy it! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I just came across this dress you made from the movie Brave. Do you sell clothing you make also?? I am wanting a custom made Merida dress for my daughter and I love yours. Please let me know if you would be interested. My email is nblondie@bellsouth.net
    Thanks
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thanks for your interest :) I'm going to send you an e-mail with my thoughts ^^

      Delete